Protected Properties

Currently the West Greenwich Land Trust has six holdings:

  • The Fry Pond Conservation Area is an 80-acre property that was acquired by the town in 1999 with the assistance of the RIDEM Open Space Grants and the Rhode Island Nature Conservancy.
    LEARN MORE

 

 

  • The Palmer Meeting House is a building which was formerly known as Escoheag Advent Christian Church. It is located on a small parcel of land at 195 Escoheag Hill Road. The building was built in the late 1890's and was used as a church until several years ago.
    LEARN MORE

 

 

  • The Plain Meeting House is a modest, rectangular, 1-story clapboard structure. It has no belfry or steeple. It was built, around 1825, by the "Independent and Union Society" as a union meeting house for the use of all Christian congregations. It is one of the earliest church structures of its type still standing in western Rhode Island.
    LEARN MORE

 

 

  • The Pratt Conservation Area is a 56-acre property that was acquired by the Land Trust in 2001 with the assistance of the RIDEM Open Space Grants and the Rhode Island Nature Conservancy.
    LEARN MORE

 

 

  • The Smith Property is a 45-acre parcel on Hudson Pond Road in West Greenwich, abutting a 79-acre tract of the Tillinghast Pond Management Area. It was acquired in 2012 by The Nature Conservancy, West Greenwich Land Trust, and federal and state partners.
    LEARN MORE

 

 

  • The Taylor Property is a 76-acre property, acquired by the Nature Conservancy with the assistance of the West Greenwich Land Trust, that expands the area of protected forest around Tillinghast Pond to 1,986 acres.
    LEARN MORE

Home | General Info | Protected Properties | Calendar | Past Events | Membership | Contact Us
SPECIAL PROGRAMS:
Adopt-A-Cemetery  Memorial Bench | SPECIAL PROJECTS: Pratt Preserve Bridges

© Copyright 2007-2016 West Greenwich Land Trust. All rights reserved.
280 Victory Highway, West Greenwich RI 02817

MouseWorks